1 red pepper, ½ yellow and ½ green pepper
1 medium sized onion
400g tin drained kidney beans (no sugar/salt added)
Cup of mushrooms
300ml/ ¾ pint vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp mixed herbs
3 tsp paprika
1 clove of garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1. Finely chop onion and garlic, dice peppers and slice mushrooms.
2. Heat oil in saucepan and sauté onion and garlic until onions are transparent.
3. Add paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
4. Add mushrooms and peppers and cook for a further minute, continue stirring.
5. Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered until peppers become tender and sauce thickens.
6. Serve with brown rice, couscous or noodles.
Diced chicken could also be used in this recipe if preferred.