1/2 red pepper, 1/2 green pepper - both diced
1 small red onion finely chopped
400g tin drained kidney beans (no sugar/salt added) in water (juice reserved)
½ tsp Tabasco sauce
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tbsp tomato puree
4 taco shells
For garnish: -
25g low fat cheese grated
1. Place the peppers, sweetcorn and onion in a saucepan and cover with a small amount of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the kidney beans, Tabasco sauce, garlic and tomato puree and enough of the reserved juice to make a thick sauce, simmer for another 10 minutes.
3. Heat taco shells according to packet instructions.
4. Fill taco shells with vegetable mixture and top with lettuce, onion and a small amount of cheese.
5. Serve with salad, wholemeal rice or couscous.