Ultimate nutrition's Creatine is the finest on the market.
It is micronised for maximum absorption.
One 600g tub will last up to 2 months
600g tub - £31.99 (FREE delivery)
What Is Creatine?
Creatine is a natural substance found in our muscle cells, especially in skeletal muscle with about 95% of the body's creatine supplies stored there, the remaining 5% is stored in other parts of the body. Creatine is a metabolite produced in the body which mainly consists of three amino acids namely - methionine, arginine, and glycine. Our liver has the ability to combine these three amino acids and make creatine. The pancreas and the kidneys also synthesize a small amount of creatine when necessary. We can also get creatine from our diet. Another way to ingest creatine is to take it as a dietary supplement. Although it comes in many different forms, the most common formula used for athletic purposes is creatine monohydrate.
The main food sources of creatine are fish and red meat. Half a pound of raw meat provides about 1g of creatine. However, the amount of creatine we get from foods is much less than the amount needed to get the maximum beneficial effect. To get roughly 20 grams of creatine (the general daily dosage amount for the loading phase), one would have to consume roughly 16-18 steaks. Because of this, it is much more convenient to simply consume creatine as a supplement.
What are the Benefits of Supplementing with Creatine?
Creatine monohydrate, is a dietary supplement that athletes and many bodybuilders use to improve high intensity exercise performance, increase strength, have fuller looking muscles, increase body mass and give faster post workout muscle recovery.
Anything that improves performance is usually associated with steroids. Because of this creatine has been given a bad reputation from people who do not understand it. There can be a wide variety of responses to the supplementation of creatine. Some people respond to it very well and almost instantaneously whilst others don't seem to ever respond to it. For instance, a vegetarian who only has a small amount of creatine coming from his daily diet would probably respond better than someone who eats meat everyday.
Creatine is not a hormonal supplement like steroids or pro hormones. Many seasoned trainers have found that not only does creatine improve performance, but also makes training much more effective. Creatine gives you more energy. Unfortunately, the more training you do then the lower the levels of creatine are in the body. This means that the lost creatine should be replaced through supplementation.
Creatine is unique in that it is able to enhance energy reserves in muscles while minimising protein breakdown. Another added benefit of creatine is that it accelerates fat loss while building lean body mass.
Creatine is the most popular and effective bodybuilding supplement on the market. Creatine is responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates
Are there any Side Effects of taking Creatine Monohydrate?
No, studies have shown that consumption of creatine monohydrate does not cause any serious adverse side effects. However, some people may experience a slight stomach and digestive discomfort like gas or bloating or some diarrhea problems for a few days at the start of using creatine. The digestive and stomach problems can be eradicated by lowering the amount of intake of creatine monohydrate. Since creatine supplementation causes the muscles to retain water, some people may experience a weight gain of as many as five pounds in the first few weeks, and may also become dehydrated. You need to ensure that you drink at least 2 litres of water each day.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:-
Loading phase: 20g a day for 5 days
Maintenance phase: 5 - 10g a day (see below)
For best results, on training days, with a little warm water or fruit juice, take Creatine after your workout. It is best taken at this time in order to replenish lost stores. If you wish to take more on a training day (IE 10 grams), then take half pre-workout and remaining half post-workout.
HOW MUCH TO TAKE: -
Recommended dosages are as follows:
If your weight is less than or equal to 140lbs = 5 - 6 grams per day is maintenance
If your weight is 141lbs to 168lbs = 6 - 7.5 grams per day is maintenance
If your weight is 169lbs to 199lbs = 8 grams per day is maintenance
If your weight is 200lbs to 242lbs = 8-10 grams per day is maintenance
If your weight is over 242lbs = 10-12 grams per day
NB - please note a level teaspoon is roughly 3 grams, rounded approximately 5 grams. Always divide the dose
Back to top